Monday, September 12, 2005

Book Driven

This in from Khadagan---

Walden Books is collecting books to re-build the libraries in Biloxi and the other areas affected by Katrina. It hasn't been publicized much, but my roommate saw a flier at the local college and we called to confirm.
Took four laundry baskets of books over there today and they were thrilled to have them. I asked, and the clerk told me that all Walden Books are supposed to be participating. You might want to check with your local store, though, as some of them may not have room to do much collecting and storing. The collection is supposed to be going on for at least the next couple of weeks.

Coolsville, Daddy-O.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Texas Library association is too: http://www.txla.org/temp/DisasterRelief.html

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, he turns on the comments and there's a blogcommentspam in there in nanoseconds...

Now I gotta go through the library and see what I can find in the duplicate stacks for the good folks of the Gulf.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good they are collecting books now, but are there places in Biloxi to store the books until the libraries that need them are ship shape? I worry about details like that.

Thanks for the heads up!

MooncatX

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to do something like that up here in Nebraska. My husband is still back in TX & is helping out with the refugees that are in Austin. I've felt so helpless being up here ... all I can do is donate some money to the Red Cross ..... this would give me a chance to actually do something that I consider TRULY worthwhile: restocking library shelves.
My dad has a HUGE collection of sci-fi & fantasy books .... & quite a few duplicate paperbacks in good condition. Mebbe I can get him to part with some of them! ;-D
I'll talk with my local library here in the panhandle of Nebraska & see if I can get them to get a bookdrive going to help the folks down south out.
Y'all take care!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home